· By info .
Healthy And Tasty Lo Mein With Mushrooms And Snow Peas
Try This Healthy And Delicious Recipe: Lo Mein With Mushrooms And Snow Peas
Do you love a savory and flavorful Asian-inspired meal? If so, then this Lo Mein with mushrooms and snow peas is the perfect dish for you! It's a healthier version of traditional lo mein that uses fresh vegetables, mushrooms, and snow peas to create an incredibly delicious dinner. To top it all off, the entire dish can be tossed in a jerk sauce for an extra kick of flavor. Whether it's served as part of your weekly dinner rotation or as something special for guests, this Lo Mein recipe will surely satisfy your taste buds!
Ingredients Needed To Prepare Lo Mein With Mushrooms And Snow Peas
Here's a list of ingredients needed for the healthy and tasty Lo Mein with mushrooms and snow peas:
- 8 oz of Lo Mein noodles (or any noodles of your choice)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp ginger, minced
- 1 cup of sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup of snow peas, trimmed
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce (or hoisin sauce)
- 1 tbsp jerk sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 green onions, sliced for garnish (optional)
Note: You can also add a protein of your choice, such as chicken, beef, tofu, or shrimp, to make the dish more filling.
How To Prepare The Lo Mein With Mushrooms And Snow Peas
For this Lo Mein with mushrooms and snow peas, you should follow the steps below:
Prep The Ingredients
Gather all the ingredients for the recipe, including lo mein noodles, mushrooms, snow peas, garlic, ginger, green onions, soy sauce, oyster sauce, jerk sauce, sugar, toasted sesame oil, and vegetable oil. Slice the mushrooms and trim the ends of the snow peas. Mince the garlic and ginger, and slice the green onions. Cook the Lo Mein according to the package instructions and set them aside.
Mix Up The Sauces
To give this Lo Mein with mushrooms and snow peas an extra burst of flavor, it is essential to mix up the sauces. In a small serving bowl, blend together the soy sauce, oyster sauce, jerk sauce, sugar, chili sauce, and sesame oil until well combined. This sauce not only adds an explosion of heat and flavor to the dish but also adds a Caribbean touch to the recipe.
Cook The Vegetables
Heat the oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and sauté them until they are tender, about 3 minutes. Then add the snow peas, bell peppers, garlic, and ginger and barely cook for another 5-6 minutes. Taste and adjust condiment with salt and pepper as desired.
Combine Everything Together
Once the vegetables are tender-crisp, add the cooked lo mein noodles to the large nonstick skillet and pour the sauce mixture over the top. Toss everything together until the noodles and vegetables are evenly coated with the sauce. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until everything is heated through and the jerk sauce has thickened slightly. Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary with salt and pepper. Garnish it with sliced green onions (if using) and serve hot.
Tips For Getting The Best Texture And Flavor For Lo Mein With Mushrooms And Snow Pea
There are some tips for getting the best texture and flavor for the Lo Mein with mushrooms and snow peas:
- Cook the vegetables until they are tender-crisp, but not overcooked. This will ensure that they retain their texture and flavor.
- Make use of fresh ingredients whenever possible for the best taste and texture.
- Don't overcook the noodles. Follow the instructions on the package and cook them until they are al dente.
- Make sure the skillet or wok is very hot before adding the vegetables. This will ensure that they cook quickly and retain their crunch.
- Use a mix of chinese chile garlic sauce and jerk sauce (if using) for a well-rounded flavor. Adjust the amount of sauce to your taste.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Taste the dish before serving and adjust the seasoning as necessary.
- Garnish with sliced green onions (if using) for a pop of color and flavor.
- For a vegan version or spice up, use more chili sauce.
- If you're adding protein, be sure to cook it separately and add it to the skillet at the end of step 6. This will ensure that it doesn't overcook and become tough.
- Experiment with different vegetables or sauces to create your own version of this recipe.
Serving Suggestions For Lo Mein With Mushrooms And Snow Peas With Jerk Sauce
This Lo Mein with mushrooms and snow peas is perfect for a light dinner or lunch! Serve this dish with the following things to make it more flavorful.
- Add some chopped fresh cilantro or basil for a burst of fresh flavor and color.
- Top the dish with some roasted peanuts or cashews for crunch.
- Serve the Lo Mein with a side of steamed rice or quinoa to make it a more filling meal.
- For some extra heat, add a sprinkle of red pepper flakes or sliced Thai chili peppers.
- You can also add some sliced avocado or mango for a creamy and sweet contrast to the spicy jerk sauce.
- Serve with a side of steamed or sautéed bok choy or other leafy greens for a balanced and healthy meal.
- For a complete meal, serve with some homemade vegetable spring rolls or dumplings.
- You can also add shredded chicken, chicken broth or shrimp for a protein-rich meal.
- For a vegetarian or vegan version, you can skip the oyster sauce and use hoisin sauce instead, and use tofu or tempeh as a protein option.
- Don't forget to enjoy the dish with your favorite beverage, such as a glass of chilled white wine or iced tea.
How To Store Leftovers Lo Mein With Mushrooms And Snow Peas Dish
Let the dish cool down and set it to room temperature and transfer the leftovers to an airtight container. Store for up to 3-4 days in the refrigerator. Reheat the dish in the microwave or on the stovetop until hot before serving. You can also freeze or chill it for up to 3 months. Let the dish cool down completely before transferring it to a freezer-safe container. When ready to serve, thaw overnight in the refrigerator and reheat in the microwave until hot.
If the dish seems dry after reheating, you can add a splash of water or broth to loosen the sauce. Don't reheat the leftovers more than once as it can cause the dish to lose its flavor and texture.
Get The Perfect Jerk Sauce For Your Meal!
For an easy way to elevate any meal, try adding sauces by Jrk! Their unique blend of flavors will take your meals from ordinary to extraordinary. From sweet and savory to smoky and spicy, their sauces are perfect for adding a touch of flair to any dish. Their jerk sauce is especially great for this Lo Mein recipe, as it provides a smoky flavor that compliments the other ingredients perfectly. Shop now for the perfect jerk sauce for your next meal!
For more about Kyle and his approach, visit Sauces by Jrk!.